Consign with Us
How it Works:
We are currently buying by appointment only and will be exclusively using a “Drop& Run” process.
- To start the consignment process, please email photos to the items you'd like to consign to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will respond to your email with what items we are interested in, at which time you can schedule an appointment.
- To schedule an appointment, please call us at (607) 882-9038. If you arrive without an appointment, we will be unable to accept your items.
- All items should be clean, in good condition and free of odors such as smoke, pets, storage, etc.
- Smaller items should be brought in a cardboard box or paper bag that you don’t need back.
- When you arrive for your appointment at your scheduled appointment time, call the store and let us know you have arrived. We will direct you to a designated area where you can place your items and fill out a “Drop & Run” form.
- Dropped off items will remain in the designated quarantine area for 24 hours prior to processing.
- After we process your items, an Intake Specialist will call you with our offer.
- You may choose to receive your payment by either check or store credit. Cash payments are not available at this time.
What to Sell:
We are selectively accepting furniture on consignment and housewares and decor that would sell for $15 or more. When deciding what to take in, we consider style, function, condition, what we already have in inventory, and how well we think the items will sell in our market.
Here’s a list of things that are in high demand:
- Wall clocks
- Well-made wood or metal desk organizers
- Fall decor, including Halloween decorations
- Patio furniture, especially small bistro style
- Relatively inexpensive, practical sofas/couches that kids can be rough on
- Comfortable living room chairs
- End tables/small tables/TV tray tables
- Comfortable office chairs
- Sturdy & small dining tables that can double as desks
- Long floor length / full length mirror
- Kitchen tables with chairs
- Dressers and chests of drawers
- Room dividers
- Area rugs
- Stand mixers (especially with dough hook)
- High quality or sets of baking and cookware that we can sell for $15 or more on consignment
We Do Not Take:
Home electronics, exercise equipment, pet supplies, mattresses, items that require hard-wiring, construction material, pianos, or collectible figures.
For more information, just ask! We're happy to answer any questions you might have about selling via phone, email, or in person.
Pricing & Payment:
We consign furniture , kitchen appliances, and items that we would price for $15 or more. Our Intake Specialists will work with you to find a selling price that feels right to you and will work in our market. Our consignment period is 60 days and you are paid after your items sell. You will receive 50% of the selling price in check or 60% in store credit.
Payments are made at the end of your consignment period or once all of your item/s have sold. Store Credit is applied to accounts and checks are sent out on the 1st and 15th of each month.
We are selectively buying small items such as dishes and decor “outright”. Rather than the items going on consignment, the seller receives 35% of what we expect to sell the items for in a check or 45% in store credit upfront.
Pick Up Service:
Note: Items that arrive at Mimi's disassembled are subject to assembly/repair fees at the rate of $30/hr billed in 15 minute increments. Please discuss assembly requirements with the buyers and/or delivery person.