Hey, Mimi’s fans!
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and well. We are now in Phase 3 of NYS Forward and are happy to announce that we are ready to welcome you back into the store on June 18! There are lots of significant changes and caveats to this re-opening, so please read on carefully and keep an eye on our website for future updates.
Black Lives Matter
If you follow our social media, or get Mama Goose emails, you know an important topic besides reopening has been on our minds. Our support of BLM and the fight against systematic racial injustice isn’t new, but we’ve been asking ourselves how we can be more intentional as a small business. We feel strongly that simply saying “Black Lives Matter” isn’t enough. Below are some of the things we are doing as a company to be better allies:
- Prioritize selling the products of local BIPOC artists and artisans. Please apply HERE to our Local Maker Program, available at both Mimi’s Attic and Mama Goose.
- Reaching out to local, black-owned businesses to see how we can drive business towards them through partnerships and collaborations.
- Donate 10% of our profits from June 22-26 to programs that provide services and support to our local BIPOC community. Funds will be donated to the Multicultural Resource Center.
- Encouraging discussion, activism and education amongst our staff by providing articles and resources about diversity, racial justice and more.
Beginning June 18, we are once again open for in-store shopping! Here’s how it will work:
- For now, hour business hours are Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5. All staff and customers over the age of 2, are required to wear a mask inside at all times. The masks can be cloth, but must cover the nose and mouth.
- The number of customers in the store will be limited to no more than half of our legal maximum occupancy, including children over the age of 2. We reserve the right to limit the number of customers even more than this if it is feeling crowded or social distancing isn’t being maintained.
- If you arrive at the store, and it is at capacity, we will kindly ask for your phone number and that you wait outside or in your car. Then, we will call you as soon as a spot opens up.(Alternatively, you are welcome to call us when you first arrive and we will let you know if we are at capacity or not).
- All customers and staff are asked to remain at least 6 feet away from each other unless separated by a plexi barrier.
- We will be wiping down door handles and high-use surfaces frequently throughout the day.
Shop Mimi’s Online
Our online store is live! You can view our inventory, make purchases, and schedule pick-up all from the comfort of home with our new Shopify page.
You can still shop with us by phone, email, Instagram, or through our Facebook albums, but our Shopify store will have the most up-to-date selection of items.
We are only offering local pick-up and delivery for items purchased on our Shopify page at this time.
Buying and Consigning
If you have items you would like to consign or sell, please call us at 607-882-9038 and make an appointment. We are not able to accept walk-ins at this time. We are taking in merchandise selectively so that we can maximize our resources of time and money on merchandise that is in demand now and will move quickly. Being selective and buying by appointment only will also help pace our intake in a way that will accommodate our new systems of quarantining incoming merchandise for at least 24 hours before we process it and move it to the sales floor. For more information about what we are buying and consigning, click HERE.
Pick-ups and Deliveries
Pick-up and delivery services will be available on Sundays beginning June 21 within Tompkins County. We are implementing additional safety procedures for the Mimi’s Movers, including face masks, gloves, and curbside options. If you are able to move your items to a curb, porch, or garage we can offer a $10 discount for both pick-ups and deliveries To schedule a pick-up, please call us at 607-882-9038.
All purchases are final sale at this time. Thank you for your understanding.